Friday, August 1, 2008

Revelations

Written July 28, 2008.

So.
I feel like... I'm not opinionated enough.
Or maybe that's not the right way to see it.
I feel like.
For one, I care too much about what people think. Generally, it's only those who are important to me. But should I even let those I love define me? I should let ME define me.

You see, I met someone. And at first that's exactly how I described them - opinionated.
But that's not quite right. They're more... different.
They see things differently. Perceive them differently.

Whenever I think of something the least bit differently, I let the thought flutter away. Random phrases will pop into my head, but I just let them leave without a care.

I don't want that anymore. I want to remember what I think. I want to say what I think, even if it doesn't quite make sense to me. Because if I keep thinking and keep talking about it, it eventually works itself out. Or comes close to it.

I don't want to see things through the same tunnel vision as the rest of the world. I want my thoughts to interest me. They don't. I bore myself. Constantly.

I want to talk things out more, even if it's only in a blog or journal such as this. Whatever's running through my head... maybe I can make it interesting. Make it something I want to think about. Something other people want to hear about.

Does that make sense? Can I make it happen? I hope so.

No comments: